Help us build the most joyful product
development team in Asia
We are looking for individuals who love working with people and software to solve challenging problems. We provide coffee, time for side-projects, and a workplace built on openness and joy.
Who are we interested in?
- Developers with good fundamentals and never afraid to pick up new technologies and languages.
- UI / UX specialists, or,
- People with a keen sense of observation and propensity for empathy.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer who is responsible for crafting great user experience for some of the company’s products and defining how the product is laid out.
This position is available as a permanent position.
- Work closely with design team to iterate and arrive at the best experience for the critical journeys we are designing for
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team / client and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Deliver testable prototype, wireframe, mockup, screenflow and detailed design specifications.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years experience working in digital design.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints, business and user needs.
- Proven ability in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams on technical implementation.
- Experience with Agile mindset, SCRUM methodology.
Extra Points for:
- Experience in conducting user research.
- Experience in building and testing prototypes with users is a plus.
This position is available instantly. All applications will be treated confidentially.Apply
A typical week at Red Airship in this role may involve:
- Preparing for an upcoming project, discussing the goals and expectations with the customer and take part in estimation activities,
- Making technical decisions, researching best practices or components required for a project,
- Delivering an engagement on-site, working with the customer’s architects and developers
- Take part in architecture design and solutioning activities, and
- Honing your skills, building applications and trying out new technologies and features.
- Good foundational technical skills and some industry experience are a must. We don’t expect you to be experts in our entire tech stack, but we believe the best people can transfer their skills and experience to the language or framework where required.
- Experience designing, building, and operating in-production data processing, web request handling, and report generation.
- Capacity to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space, and time
- Great interpersonal communications capabilities demonstrated through a history of successful software development projects
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science, engineering, mathematics, or another related field. In the absence of which, at least 2 years of working experience in related field.
- Knows OOP and functional programming, and when to apply which
- Comfortable talking to clients and end users.
- Good presentation skills, effective communication internally and externally
- High level of self-motivation and maturity
There are always extra skills that can give you an edge, not necessarily just in technology:
- Previous experience building solutions involving Drupal 6-8, microservices, real-time socket-based backend, relational and NoSQL databases, message queues, AWS/Digital ocean/Azure.
- Commercial acumen, experience working alongside commercial teams.
- Prior experience working for a technology startup
- Understands web security and best practices
- Experience with TDD
- Experience with the Agile mindset and SCRUM methodology
- Familiar with classic Linux and container-based environments
- Knows when, why, and how to accept technical debt
The person will be highly involved in the following areas:
- Development of custom modules and themes for the Drupal platform
- Work with a dedicated team of UX experts to create interactive mocks for new mobile and web app concepts
- Development of experimental desktop and mobile software
- Learn iOS, Drupal and other ninja skills from our developers
- Meet start up founders and network with fellow developers
You will also be involved in the not-so-exciting stuff:
- Understanding and writing project proposals
- Preparing pitch presentations
- Preparing EDM’s and marketing materials
(We will train you if you’re not already a Ninja!)
- Knowledge of ObjectiveC (for iOS development) or Java (for Android development) is a bonus
- An open mind for new ideas, methods, and extremely hungry for new knowledge